Help support our reserve team by playing in the last man standing competition, the rules are explained below, it is £10 to enter and winner gets a share of an estimated £500 prize pot.:
- This game is to help raise funds for Stocksbridge Park Steels reserves, 50% of the total pot will be presented to the winner and 50% will go towards funding the team.
- You must select a team that you think will WIN on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday from any of the top four English domestic divisions (Premier League, Championship, League One
and League Two). On FA cup weekends, you are allowed to choose from these matches as long as both are league teams (ie from Premier League, Championship, League One or Two). International weekends mean teams may only be selected from League One or League Two.
- You must make your selection prior to 6.00pm Friday for Friday fixtures and midnight on the Friday before the Saturday, Sunday or Monday fixtures and ensure it is communicated to the organisers,
using text/WhatsApp 07979864653 or firstname.lastname@example.org leaving name and selection.
- Any new players wishing to join the game must join at the start of a new game.
- In the event of a “rollover” new players will be allowed to join by paying for the first and second rounds.
- Once you have selected a team for a chosen weekend you are NOT allowed to select them again for the remainder of the current knockout game.
- This years competition starts on 4th August when the EFL starts.
- The game is £10 to participate in each game throughout the season – the game will restart following a winner or in the event of no winner a rollover game will start.
- Each game will be completed when there is a winner (i.e. one person remaining – ‘Last Man Standing’). The winner will receive 50% of the total prize of all participants (i.e. no. of players x £10).
- If all remaining participants are knocked out of the game due to nobody selecting a winning team then the game ‘rolls over’ allowing ALL participants back in to the game. A further £10 will be required from each participant to re- enter the game. The eventual winner will receive 50% of the total pot. (For example if the pot is £1000 the winner will receive £500)
- If your selected team wins their match you will progress on to the next round. If your team draws, loses, if you select a team that you have previously selected, if you select a team that is not playing on the weekend or if you fail to make a selection you will be knocked out of the game.
- If your chosen fixture is POSTPONED before the Friday deadline, you must choose another team. If the POSTPONEMENT is after the Friday midnight deadline your selection will be deemed a win
and you will progress to the next round.
- If your chosen fixture is ABANDONED before half time your selection will be deemed a win and you will progress to the next round.
- If your chosen fixture is ABANDONED at or after half time the current score at time of abandonment will count as the final result of the match, ie, if your team is losing or drawing you will be knocked out of the game.